John Deere Model H Series 47 Manure Spreader
The Model H Manure Spreader was in production from 1939 to 1951. The style pictured here is circa post WW II 1945.
The beautifully restored example is painted in the standard JD green paint with yellow accents. The steel spoke wheels with rubber tires power the conveyor and dispensing mechanisms. This model is configured to be trailered behind the tractor via a simple hitch setup.
Manure spreaders were an indispensable part of farming in the days before chemical fertilizers. They efficiently fertilized fields helping to ensure high productivity.
Deere began selling manure spreaders in 1910 with the acquisition of Kemp & Burpee Co.
Kar Kraft no. 1663
Triumph Model with McCormick Seeder
Only 1,690 made in 1953
2010 AACA National Award Winner
Replica Of My First Car In 1958
See Through Roof
1 Solid Color Convertible Of 41,268 Made
2011 & 2013 AACA National Award
Air Conditioned-1,800 Convertibles Made
2001 AACA National Award Winner
1 of 17 with F Code Supercharger
630 Made And Only 8 In This Color
Only 839 convertibles made
700 Made Only 12 Are Known To Exist
26 were Fuel Injected and 1 was 4 Speed
One of less than 10 known to exist
2007 AACA National Award Winner
Only 248 Convertibles Made
6 of 4,451 made in this configuration
91 of the 121 convertibles had 4spd trans
1 of 12 Manual 4 Speed Convertibles
Only 18 LS6 4 Speed Convertibles Made
End Spring Square Box Buggy Ken acquired this End Spring Square Box Buggy from Frank Coffman, his neighbor. Frank had been using it as a show piece in his front yard. Frank bought the buggy from a party in Sheridan Ill. Ken had the buggy restored in 2013. The seats and folding top are new. The wood and metal fittings were reconditioned and refinished with oil based outdoor paint. Black leather button tufted cushions seat two. Solid axels front and rear are mounted to two transverse leaf springs front and rear for a comfortable if somewhat bouncy ride. Apparently, no one thought to dampen the springs with shock absorbers? The folding auto top served mostly to screen the sun as it provided little protection from rain or snow. The box is made of wood and has space for some cargo behind the passenger seat. Iron fittings and the frame for the folding top are painted black. The box is finished in a shade of rustic brown with cream colored accent decorations. The large spoke wheels are also finished in cream color with orange accented pin striping making for a very attractive appearance. The business top buggy was used to transport […]
Portland Door Cutter Sleigh, (circa 1900) Cutters are considered light sleighs, usually pulled by one horse. It is a distinctly American term that does not appear to have been used prior to 1800. The Cutter on display is a Portland style with two doors. Doors are unusual in Cutters and were a very late development, probably an influence of automobile designers. This beautifully restored Portland Door Cutter, (circa 1850-1900) featuring longitudinal leaf springs for comfort and leather door panels with pockets for storage, was manufactured by the Wisconsin Carriage Co in Janesville, Wisconsin. The chromed rein rail and side rails, refinished woodwork and comfortable interior, preserve a mode of winter transportation popular in late 1800’s and early 1900’s America. Acquired by Ken Nagel in the fall of 2016 from a friend who used it as a display, the restoration and refurbishment was carried out at Nagel Farms by Francisco Reynoso. Extensive research ensured that the restoration was accurate and authentic. Experts in paint, leather, upholstery and wood craftmanship were engaged to work on each phase of the project. Established in 1885 the Lawrence Carriage Top Company, was a manufacturer of carriage tops, cushions, backs, and upholstery for buggies, wagons, and […]
John Deere Shaker Potato Plow This restored John Deere Shaker Potato Plow was shown in a 1926 John Deere Plow Company catalog. It is possibly a circa 1923 model. An ideal implement for a limited area of potatoes. It is designed to be a horse drawn walk behind plow. Its operation is extremely simple and proved to be an effective labor saving device. The wooden roller is designed to clear away weeds and vines ahead of the blade. The flat blade is designed to cut into the hill and get under the potatoes. The shaker wheel behind the blade agitates the grate and shifts out the dirt, leaving the potatoes on top of the ground. The gauge wheels are adjustable to regulate the depth of the blade. The digger weighs 152 pounds.
John Deere Model 52 “rope trip” 2 bottom trailer plow Pictured is a John Deere 50 Series plow. It appears to be a Model 52 “rope trip” 2 bottom trailer plow with optional rubber tires on steel rims.
1948 John Deere Model A Tractor Acquired August 2013 This Model A is pictured hitched to a John Deere Model 52 “rope trip” 2 bottom trailer plow with optional rubber tires on steel rims. The Two-Cylinder Letter Series Model A John Deere tractors were produced from 1934 to 1952 at the Waterloo, Iowa factory. Total built: 300,000 The John Deere Model A Tractor was the first true row-crop tractor and is one of the most beloved tractors in John Deere’s 175 year history. The first Model A was manufactured in April of 1934 and came equipped with an impressive 25 horsepower engine and a 4-speed transmission. The John Deere Model A Tractor was the first tractor that had adjustable wheel treads, which gave it a wider range of utility and adaptability than other models on the market at that time. Having the ability to change the space between rear wheels gave the operator more control, ultimately making it easier to steer the tractor. The year 1940 marked the beginning of two changes meant to improve the functionality of the John Deere Model A. During this time, the size of the engine was increased from 309 cubic inches to 321 cubic inches in an effort to make it more powerful. One […]
Four Passenger Four Wheel Phaeton Carriage The Four Passenger Four Wheel Phaeton Carriage on display in Ken’s collection was acquired by Ken around 1976 from a restaurant owner in Plano, IL who used it as a lawn display in front of his restaurant. At one time Ken had a driving horse that he used to pull the carriage. It was great fun for the Nagel family to ride in the carriage in the Plano 4th of July parade dressed as characters from the TV show, The Little House on the Prairie. Little is known about the history of Ken’s carriage other than that it was manufactured in Ottawa IL by a builder who is no longer in business. In 2013 Ken had it refurbished. All the leather was redone. The wood and iron fittings were repainted in their original black and red to withstand the weather. Ken’s Phaeton features solid axel running gear front and rear, sprung with a transverse leaf spring in the front and a longitudinal leaf spring in the rear to soften and stabilize the ride. Well-padded leather covered seats tufted with contrasting red buttons adorn the interior and provide a soft and comfortable ride. Fenders over […]
1949 John Deere Model M Tractor Acquired August 2013 Produced from 1947-1952 the Two-Cylinder Letter Series Model “M” Tractor was new from the ground up and featured an innovative integrated farming systems approach. A total of 45,799, gasoline, 2-cylinder models were built. The M had been in development for several years during World War II prior to its introduction in 1947. The M replaced the H, L, and LA models. The new “Touch-O-Matic” hydraulic control system mounted in front of the seat enabled the operator to raise, lower and adjust implement depth with one-touch control. The one-person “Quik-Tatch” implement system provided fast, efficient hitching that rivaled, and in many cases surpassed, the efficiencies of the 3-point hitch. Operators simply had to back up to their integral implements, insert one or two bolts and drive away. A new adjustable air-cushion seat with backrest and adjustable steering wheel offered modern operator comforts. PTO and electric starting were standard features. Before this new tractor could become a reality, there were some challenges to overcome. First, in the midst of World War II, the U.S. War Production Board disallowed new product production in lieu of military production. Both the John Deere Waterloo and Moline […]
1958 John Deere 620 Tractor Acquired July 2014 Pictured here with a John Deere Model H Series 47 Manure Spreader. Produced from 1956 to 1958 this, Two-Cylinder 20 Series Row-Crop tractor was powered by the famous JD 2-cylinder 4-valve liquid-cooled engine delivering 53 HP. Factory: Waterloo, Iowa, USA. Total built: 20,848 The 620 was the successor to the Model 60 and the biggest visible difference between them was the new, two-tone, green and yellow paint job, even though the design of the sheet metal is still the same as the Model 60. The new “Float-Ride” seat was introduced on these tractors. The engines were completely redesigned to provide more horsepower. It had a bore and stroke of 5 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches, 321 cid, 1125 rpm, 44.16 drawbar and 48.68 belt horsepower. Major changes were made to the Model 60 engine including: shorter stroke, aluminum pistons, larger rod and main bearings, a stronger crankshaft, redesigned cylinder head, and higher compression. Another addition which made the engines run a bit smoother was the distributor was now driven directly off the camshaft instead of previously being driven through the governor. This was also incorporated on the 520 and 720. […]
Copyright © [YEAR] KenNagelClassicCars.com